Followers

Monday 4 December 2017

Bonjour Paris.

Hello Lovely Blogging Friends and Visitors,

The snow has all gone now but more is forecast for later in the week.   I have just finished making all my Christmas cards, I have to admit to buying shop cards for the last few years but I was determined to make my own this year.   I decided to make 45 cards, using seven different designs.   I will share one of my designs very soon but, tonight I would like to share another  card made for Sue & Harvey of Imagination Craft's.   I have used one of their 6" x 6" stencils - Paris.   I decided that I didn't want lots of colours on this card, so I used a white card,  black and Rich gold Starlight paints, plus one red rose.

   
Matt a square of black card onto a 7" x 7" white base  card, leaving a border of the white showing.   Take a smaller square of white card and lay the Paris stencil onto it, with the Eiffel  Tower on the right hand side of the card.   Mask off the other images.    Stipple the black Starlight paint through the design, using  the large stencil brush.   Remove the stencil and wash the brush and the stencil, as this paint dries very quickly and will be difficult to remove if left too long.

   
Lay the 'broken diamond' stencil on the left-hand side of the card and stipple the black Starlight paint through the design, using the stencil brush as before.   Remove stencil and wash both the stencil and brush as previously.

   
Stipple the word 'PARIS' onto a spare piece of white card, using the Paris stencil and the black paint.  Wash and dry the brush and stencil.   Re-position the stencil over the word 'Paris' then slightly off-set the stencil and fix down to the card and your work surface  using masking tape, to stop any movement.   Stipple the Rich gold Starlight paint through the design using the stencil brush.   Remove stencil and trim the card down, then matt onto a slightly larger piece of black card.  

   
Fix this on an angle to the left-hand side of the card using sticky foam pads.  

   
Using a black ink pad, stamp the word 'Bonjour' at the top of the card.   Fix this card to the base card.

   
Glue a small white satin ribbon bow to the top right corner.   Colour  a small piece of white card with the Red Mixed Media Spray Ink and die-cut a rose from it.   Glue this just below the white bow.

   
Using a spare piece of white card and a black ink pad,  stamp the letters     l o v e,  then using a small circle punch and keeping each letter in the centre of the circle,  punch out each letter.   Add a little Black soot Distress ink on the edges of each circle so they will show up against the white base card.   Fix these to the right-hand side of the base card, just below the rose.  

   
Well that's all from me for the moment, hope you like it.   I'll be back soon with a couple of my Christmas card designs.   Until then, take care of yourselves.

                                                               Love and rainbows,

                                                                 Hugs   Jennifer xx.










4 comments:

  1. ooh-la-la very pretty, love the rose.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous Jennifer,I love the images and design,very elegant, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there Kate, thank you so much, glad you like it.
      Hugs Jennifer xx.

      Delete