Followers

Monday 14 August 2017

A Little Elegance.

Good evening Friends Followers & Visitors,

How are you all? well I hope,  I have spent some time in the garden today, taking off all the new runners from our strawberries,  they are quite amazing, new ones appear daily!   most of the strawberries have finished fruiting now I'm sorry to say, I just love them with cream or ice cream, ah well,  I'll just have to wait until next year's crop lol.     I can of course buy them in the shops but they are not as tasty or as  sweet as our own.

I would like to share another card I have made for my Friend Jane's Macmillan Nurses coffee morning in September.   For this card I have used a stamp I have had for many years.   I saw it in a craft shop and it really appealed to me, it is a wooden backed stamp, which does give a really good image but I have to say, I  do like the stamps that you can see through, it makes it so much easier to match up images, plus you can see exactly where you are stamping, unlike the wooden ones.

  
Matt a piece of deep turquoise card onto the 6" x 6" white scalloped  base card.   Cut a slightly smaller piece of pink card and lay the 'lily flourishes' stencil onto it and stipple the jade Starlight paint through the design.   Follow this with some vineyard Sparkle Medium, using the 'foiling' technique (ie; rubbing the vineyard over each part of the stencil and rubbing the glitter to the edges of the stencil, I use my finger but you could use a blending tool).   Remove the stencil.

    
Fix the ribbon across the bottom of this piece of card, securing on the reverse.   Matt this onto the base card.

  
Die-cut the lily parts from white card and paint with the jade Starlight paint, adding some watered down coral reef Alchemy Wax to the centre.   Add some markings to the lily using a black fine liner pen.   Make up the flower and glue to the bottom left of the card, on top of the ribbon.

  
Stamp the lady onto some white card using a black ink pad.   Cut this out and colour her with watered down jade, white gold Starlight paints  and some coral reef Alchemy Wax by Imagination Crafts.   Below is a photograph  which shows what the image looks like when the light catches the Starlight paints.   I use watered down paint because if you don't, the paint would cover over the black stamped markings on her dress.


 Fix this oval image to the top right of the base card, using sticky foam pads to add a little dimension
 to the card.   Well that's this card finished.   Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and thank you to those who have kindly left me lovely comments, I do enjoy reading your feedback.    Have a good week my friends and I will be back very soon with another card.

                                                               Love and rainbows,


                                                                Hugs Jennifer xx.





           















8 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card Jennifer. Wonderful design x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes indeed this sure is very elegant. I love the beautiful image.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there Linda, thank you very much.
      Hugs Jennifer xx.

      Delete
  3. Absolutely stunning card Jennifer, I love the colours and design, beautiful lady image.
    Bought some strawberries from a garden centre yesterday, what a magical taste, nothing like the supermarket bought ones, we had them with some really good ice cream, delicious, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Kate, glad you like my card. I can just taste those strawberries lol!! just can't beat them, especially with the addition of cream or ice cream.
      Hugs Jennifer xx.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful tag Jennifer, love the background which enhances the carnations.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx
    ลา ลีกา สเปน

    ReplyDelete