Followers

Friday 3 February 2017

My Orchid Flower Tag.

Hi there Followers, Friends and Visitors,

Just a quick blog from me tonight.   As I mentioned a week or so ago, I'm hooked on tags at the moment, in between making cards and MDF creations, so here is another, made using one of Imagination Craft's beautiful panel stencils - Orchid Trio.   This is such an elegant design, I love this one.



Cut a tag shape from white card.   Colour this with the Shabby shutters, Peeled paint, Scattered straw and Vintage photo distress inks, leaving it lighter in the centre.



    
Lay the panel stencil onto the tag shape and using a piece of cut 'n' dry foam, a stencil brush or a blending tool, add the Starlight colours through the design.   Remove the stencil.

     
Glue three green gemstones to the right-hand side of the tag and glue a green ribbon bow to the flower stem, just below the the gemstones.   Paint some white card with the Passion Flower Starlight paint and when dry, die-cut two corners using the Tattered Lace die.   Cut off the long ends of the die-cuts and glue these to the top corners and the left-over parts to the bottom corners.

   
Add some Vintage photo distress ink to the edges of the tag.   Punch a hole in the top and tie some green and pink ribbon through the hole..

   
Matt this onto some ivory coloured card, then matt that onto some wine red coloured card.   Lastly, make a stand and glue to the back of the tag, so the tag can be stood up.

Well that is all for tonight  folks, I will be back again soon.   Have a great weekend, whatever you have planned.  

                                                                  Love and rainbows,

                                                                    Hugs   Jennifer xx.




4 comments:

  1. Beautiful tag Jennifer, I do love orchids and loving the colours you have chosen.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda, many thanks for your nice comment.
      Hugs Jennifer xx.

      Delete
  2. I love this, the colours are super and love that you list what you've used...thankyou. I have this stencil, time for a revisit after seeing this <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tracey, many thanks, I'm so pleased you like my tag. This is a very elegant stencil I think and looks good coloured with the Starlight paints.
      Love & Hugs Jennifer xx.

      Delete