Followers

Tuesday 10 January 2017

Fairy Dust Tag.

Hello Followers, Friends and Visitors,

Hope you are all fit and well, for those who are not, here's a big (((Hug))) from me, I hope that helps.   Tonight I am not sharing a card but a tag.    I have only made four tags during my many years of crafting, I am at the moment 'into tags' lol!     Tonight's tag was made for Imagination Craft's One Day Special shows on the Hochanda T.V. Channel on the 5th January 2017  and was shown on the show, so I thought I would explain how I made it.    I just love fairies etc., so this stencil is right up my street lol!!!

    
Cut a tag shape from white card.   Take another piece of white card and lay the Fairy Dust stencil onto it and using a black fine liner pen, draw around the outline of the fairy.   Remove the stencil and fill in the shape with doodles or patterns of your choice.    Cut out the fairy.

Do the same  again but this time, cut out the nearest wing, the fairy's left arm and her nearest leg.   Fill the wing with doodles or patterns as  before, leaving the arm and legs plain.   Cut them out and 3D them onto the original fairy, using silicone glue.   Cut out and colour her bodice, black and glue it to the original image.   Cut out her skirt and  cover with doodles or patterns with black pen.   Shape the skirt  into folds and glue to the original image using silicone glue.


    


Spread some gold stars Sparkle Medium over a piece of white card and when dry, die-cut 9 small stars, then stamp the fantasy stamp onto some white card, using a black ink pad.

    
Die-cut a slightly larger star from this stamped card.   Glue this onto a piece of black shiny card and trim around the star, leaving a tiny border of the black card showing.   Glue a tiny red star gemstone to the star.

   
   
Glue the white tag to a slightly larger  tag made from black shiny card.     Glue the 3D fairy to the  to the white tag.   Glue the gold Sparkle Mediumed stars around the fairy (as though she is trying to catch the stars).   Glue the larger star to the bottom left, using sticky foam pads to add some dimension to the tag.  

        
   
Thread some red ribbon and gold cord through the hole in the top of the tag and then add a red ribbon bow.   Make a stand from white card and glue to the tag back so it stands up.  

Well that's it for tonight my friends. thanks for stopping by my blog, much appreciated.   I'll be back soon, so in the meantime stay safe and warm and above all, be happy.

                                                                  Love and rainbows,

                                                                    Hugs   Jennifer xx.













8 comments:

  1. This is glorious Jennifer, I love your tangling and the movement you have in the skirt is fab. I've never made a tag, must give it a try as have bought lots ready lol 😃

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tracey many thanks for your lovely comment. I am really 'into tag making' lol ! do give it a try Tracey, it's just a little different and I think you'll like it :).
      Hugs Jennifer xx.

      Delete
  2. Hi Jennifer, an amazing creation, beautifully designed and coloured, love your doodles.
    Only ever make tags for the Christmas gifts,you're making me rethink this,Kate x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kate, many thanks, so pleased you like it. They are fun to make.
      Hugs Jennifer xx.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful tag and love the dimension on the fairy.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Linda, I did enjoy making this tag.
      Hugs Jennifer xx.

      Delete
  4. What stunning tag design and love the dimension.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there Diane, many thanks for your lovely comment, so pleased you like it.
      Hugs Jennifer xx.

      Delete