Followers

Wednesday 20 July 2016

A Victorian Christmas.

Good evening Folks,

Hope the weather hasn't been too bad for you,  it  began a beautiful sunny day this morning, then it turned very dark, then thunder and lightening, along with very heavy rain.   Living in the hills, the thunder echoes around the hills, making it sound much louder than it is lol!     Thankfully it is now dry but how long for I ask myself  lol!     My card tonight was made for Imagination Craft's  shows on the Hochanda T.V. Channel on the  5th. July 2016.   I used one of their beautiful Christmas rice papers for this card.   This is a very quick and easy card to make if you do not have much time.

    
I used a 7"x7" ivory base card and onto this I matted a smaller square of dark green card.    I then took a smaller square of white card and coloured it with the scattered straw and festive berries distress inks.  I sprinkled some droplets of water over it and   put a piece of kitchen paper on top to remove the droplets (this also removes some of the ink, leaving a nice background to your card.)   This was then fixed to the base card.  

  
I used the ivy branch panel stencil and put it down the centre of the card, securing with masking tape and dabbed the menthol and emerald green Starlight paints through the design, using a stencil brush.  

   
I cut out three elements from the rice paper and feathered them  by wetting the edges of each element with a paint brush and water, then gently pulling  the paper away where wet, around each image.

   
When the images were dry, I glued them to the card front, using Imagination's decoupage glue.  

   
Last of all, I added a small red ribbon bow to the  top of the ivy branch. 



Well that's all tonight,  see you all again soon with another creation.   Thank you so much for your visits and comments on my blog, I do love to hear what you think of my creations.   Take care of yourselves until next time.

                                                                 Love and rainbows,

                                                                   Hugs   Jennifer xx.





  



2 comments:

  1. Very pretty Christmas card Jennifer, love the design. It is cloudy here at the moment but very warm. Have a good day.
    Hugs
    Linda xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Linda, hope the sun shines soon for you.
      Hugs Jennifer xx.

      Delete